While making his way through the ancient ruins, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was being watched. Surely the original inhabitants were long gone? Best to move on and learn what happened here…
Congrats to EXM, the winner of this challenge! See if you can find the gold coins that lurk within these ancient walls…
Hello Voxel Artists, and welcome back to the Sketchfab Voxel challenge! This time we’d love to see where your imagination takes you as we explore ruins. Perhaps you’ve stumbled upon the echo of an ancient Mayan tomb, or you could be exploring a post-apocalyptic city. It’s all up to you!
Read on for the full rules, but the TL;DR version is: create a ‘ruins’ scene in your favourite voxels tool, upload to Sketchfab and tag with #VoxelRuinsChallenge to enter.
- Create an abandoned environment scene using voxels.
- Use any 3D modeling tool that you like (including Minecraft), although using a specialised one will make your life a lot easier!
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #VoxelRuinsChallenge (and why not throw in #voxels, #voxelart, and tag the took you used for good measure too?)
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, May 8 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Elbriga and Nomadking, Sketchfab Masters.
- Sir_carma, Sketchfab Community.
- Paletizma, last Voxel Challenge winner.
- Bart and Seori, Sketchfab Community Team.
If you win this round, you’ll get to build your own awesome Lego Minecraft Temple (including 2 skeletons – yay!) 🙂 And of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #VoxelRuinsChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, May 12.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.