Update — the first one to cross the finish line:
Vrooom! We’re back for another Sketchfab texturing challenge and this time the subject is a souped-up sports car. To get you started, Renafox has created a UV mapped model of a sports car – download it and bling it out any way you want.
Adding a bit of geometry here and there is allowed but be sure to concentrate on the paint job and textures!
TL;DR: texture this Sports Car model using your favourite texturing workflow, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SportsCarTexturingChallenge. Be sure to credit Renafox and link to his model.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is allowed but remember:
you will be judged primarily on your texturing skills.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SportsCarTexturingChallenge.
- Credit Renafox for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Sketchfab Texturing Challenge: Sports Car Base - Base](https://sketchfab.com/models/63b728d04de74575bc1c8029da8946f3)" by [Renafox](https://sketchfab.com/kryik1023), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Tuesday, November 21 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- Staff Pick for the winning entry
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SportsCarTexturingChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, November 24th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.