Update: We have a winner!
Rvh won this round of our texturing with the awesome strong visual style and originality of his cartoon spitfire. for the runners up, visit the challenge forum topic.
This week we’re going to try something different: we’d like you to focus on your texturing skills only! To get you started, Sketchfab Master Renafox created a UV mapped model of a Supermarine Spitfire aircraft. Download it and pimp it any way you want. But remember: textures only!
TL:DR; texture this Spitfire model using your favourite texturing workflow, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SpitfireTexturingChallenge. Be sure to credit Renafox and link to his model.
- Keep the model geometry as-is. If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery and adding props outside of the airplane is allowed.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SpitfireTexturingChallenge.
- As this work is derived from a Creative Commons model, you must make your version available for download under a CC Attribution-ShareAlike license too.
- Credit Renafox for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on “[Aircraft Painting Contest – Base](https://sketchfab.com/models/e1b4d01dbd7c42bb95c5a0f922747ac2)” by [Renafox](https://sketchfab.com/kryik1023), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 4 (23:59 New York time – EST)
The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SpitfireTexturingChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, September 8.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.