This week we’re turning our attention to fashion! Grab this pair of sneakers by kenprol and texture your heart out. Adding a bit of geometry here and there is allowed but be sure to concentrate on the paint job and textures!
We’ve teamed up with Allegorithmic who are providing a full year of Substance Indie and a bag of Substance swag (total value of $275) for TWO lucky winners!
Update: the winners are in!
Continue reading on the forum for the honourable mentions and special mention (wooo!)
You can download the original files from the model above in a variety of file formats (Blender, Max, FBX and OBJ).
TL;DR: Texture these shoes using your favourite texturing workflow, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #ShoesTexturingChallenge. Be sure to credit kenprol and link to his model.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is allowed but remember:
you will be judged primarily on your texturing skills.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ShoesTexturingChallenge.
- Credit kenprol for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on “[Leather Shoes](https://sketchfab.com/models/6617de5e51104f16a56ea7428e619fea)” by [kenprol](https://sketchfab.com/kenprol), licensed under CC Attribution-NonCommercial”
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, January 29th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Kenprol, Sketchfab Artist.
- Nicolas Paulhac and Pierre Maheut, Product Managers at Allegorithmic.
- Phil Gosch and Mieke Roth, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team.
The TWO lucky winners will receive:
- 1 year of Substance Indie (includes access to the latest updates of all Substance software, plus 30 downloads a month from Substance Source).
- Substance swag (a tote bag, a t-shirt, and stickers).
- 3 Months of Sketchfab PRO.
- A good chance to be staff picked 🙂
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ShoesTexturingChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 2.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.