We look at maps all the time, but it’s probably been a little while since you sat down with a globe. For this challenge, we want you to texture this globe model created by Sketchfab Master dark-minaz. To keep the playing field as even as possible, modifications to the geometry of the model are not allowed.
TL;DR: Texture this globe using your preferred workflow, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it with #GlobeChallenge. Be sure to credit dark-minaz and link to his model.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is NOT allowed in this challenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #GlobeChallenge.
- Credit dark-minaz for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this markdown code:
Based on "[Globe (Texturing Contest)](https://sketchfab.com/models/f3c33fa2ef6d4d05b376a31670960134)" by [dark-minaz](https://sketchfab.com/dark-minaz), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, January 28th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- NomadKing, Rik Biggelaar, Mieke Roth, Phil Gosch, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #GlobeChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 1.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.