Something is fishy here at Sketchfab, and it’s this texturing challenge! Fishes offer a variety of exciting texturing opportunities, from their luminous scales to their diaphanous fins and glassy eyes. Your task is to make this little fish stand out from the school.
UPDATE: Winner – Shiny Fish #FishChallenge by GenEugene
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is allowed but remember: you will be judged primarily on your texturing skills.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #FishChallenge.
- Credit jimzorb for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[G_Fish_Untextured](https://sketchfab.com/models/36e9e774b8224b82b98157e66f889042)" by [jimzorb](https://sketchfab.com/jimzorb), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 1st (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Mieke Roth, Rik van den Biggelaar, Abby Crawford, and Chaitanya Krishnan, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #FishChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, October 5th.