Summer is almost here! And to help the Sketchfab community stay cool, you’re to create a refreshing scene using fluid simulation: things dropping in water, fountains, Super Soaker fights… What do you do to stay cool?
TL;DR: Create a refreshing scene using your favourite fluid simulation tool, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #RefreshingSummerChallenge.
- Create a refreshing scene using your favourite fluid simulation tool(s).
- Animation is not required! But if you do, try exporting your simulation as an Alembic file, or use our Time Frame animation feature as illustrated in this Blender tutorial.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #RefreshingSummerChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 26 (23:59 New York time – EST)
This awesome ice cube-filled Nerf Super Soaker Arctic Shock Water Blaster (value $60) could be yours! Perhaps not the best way to refresh yourself, but well, it works fantastic on others 😉
And of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #RefreshingSummerChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 30.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.