This month’s 3D simulation challenge is all about cloth, fabric, textiles, tarpaulins and beyond. We want you to dial up some settings in your favourite cloth simulation plugin and add something soft to your scene – tablecloths, capes, dresses, flags, tarps or anything else that waves in the wind.
We’d love to see some true cloth simulations, but if you want to sculpt or scan your cloth that’s fine too. Static or animated scenes are welcome.
Update: Winner – The Unbelievable Magic Trick by mrfsandor
Here’s some inspiration:
TL;DR: Create a scene using your favourite workflow that significantly features cloth or fabric as a main element, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #ClothSimChallenge
- Create a 3D scene using your favourite software and workflow that significantly features cloth or fabric as a main element
- Simulated, sculpted or scanned cloth are all valid entries
- Your scene can be static or animated
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Set your model to downloadable so we can add it to the combined scene.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ClothSimChallenge.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 5th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- $100 Amazon Voucher
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- Sketchfab Staff Pick
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ClothSimChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 9th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.