This week’s 3D modelling challenge is focused on hard surface modelling, in particular tools, hardware and all the things you might find in a toolbag, garden shed or hardware store.
Have a go at creating anything from simple hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers all the way to power tools, multi-layer tool boxes, compressors & welders (…and no: guns, bazookas, tanks, bombs etc. don’t count as tools!)
TL;DR: Focusing on hard surface modelling, model a hand tool or piece of hardware, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #ToolsChallenge
- Use your favourite software and workflow to model a hand tool or piece of DIY hardware.
- Guns, bazookas, tanks, bombs etc. are not considered tools for the purpose of this challenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ToolsChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 26th (23:59 New York time – EST)
The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ToolsChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, March 2.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.