Hello Sculptors, it’s time for another round of our new 3D sculpting challenge! This time, we’re moving away from characters and creatures and focus on a weapon instead – and no weapon seems to be more popular on Sketchfab than the good old battle axe!
So pick up your favourite sculpting app and enter to win a Wacom Intuos tablet.
Read on for the full rules, but the TL;DR version is: sculpt any ‘battle axe’ model, upload to Sketchfab and tag with #BattleAxeChallenge to enter.
- You can use any 3D sculpting tool that you like. If you’re new to sculpting, take a look at free tools like Sculptris, Blender or our own Sculptfab.
- Create a battle axe of any era or genre.
- Once you’ve created your 3D model, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #BattleAxeChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum – for extra fun you can collaborate with other participants and create pieces that work well together!
- Submit new work only, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Texturing is allowed, but all entries will be judged on their sculpting qualities only.
- Submission deadline is Monday, May 1 (23:59 New York time – EST).
We figure any sculpting artist could use a nice tablet to work with, so we’re giving away a Wacom Intuos Draw Tablet. The winner will of course also receive 3 months of Sketchfab PRO as well as a staff pick!
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #BattleAxeChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, May 5.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.