Ring in the new year with high expectations and forget about them by March! Or will this year be different for you? Maybe if you were to 3D model your New Year’s resolution, it would stick until next December…
In this final Sketchfab challenge of 2017, we want you to share a 3D version of your New Year’s resolution(s). And although we are closing out the year, we didn’t want to close anyone out of this challenge! To join, you can model your resolution in any way you’d like to. Voxel artists, feel free to use voxel creators, VR artists use VR tools, sculptors use ZBrush, etc. Or maybe now is your chance to challenge yourself and test out a new skill you’ve always wanted to try — we’ve added one more week this challenge! Get in one more piece of art for this year and start the new year off creatively!
Update: Winning Entry – Bitcoin Factory by Alok
Tl;dr Create your new year’s resolution using any tool and tag it #2018Resolutions.
- You can use any modeling, texturing, and animating tool needed to convey your message.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple resolutions.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #2018Resolutions.
- Share what you’re planning to create and ‘work in progress’ on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Wednesday, January 10 (23:59 New York time – EST).
- $100 Amazon Voucher
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- A reminder in 6 months to check in with your resolution!
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models or textures from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #2018Resolutions to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, January 12th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.