Lots of great cities have sculpture parks – they’re wonderful places to walk around, enjoy the fresh air, and interact with unique, 3-dimensional pieces of art. Now it’s time to develop a Sketchfab VR sculpture park that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your living room, without sunscreen or walking shoes.
The beauty of a VR sculpture park is that you will be able to experiment with things like scale and physics in ways that you might not be able to in reality. Your model will be combined with others into a large park that can be explored using your favorite VR equipment.
Update – Winner Announced: First Person by plasticarm
TL;DR: Use your favorite modeling software to create a sculpture that looks great in VR, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #VRSculptureParkChallenge and make it downloadable.
- Use any tool you like to model an abstract sculpture that has no more than 10k polys.
- Textures: max 2048×2048 pixels, max 3 maps
- The model needs to be static, and cannot be animated.
- Give the sculpture a title and a brief (max 50 words) description.
- Make your model downloadable to allow us to add it to a combined VR ready scene.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #VRSculptureParkChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, July 2nd (23:59 New York time – EST)
The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #VRSculptureParkChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, July 6th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.