We recently started experimenting with automatic notifications of significant events on your Sketchfab models or profile: if you’re lucky, Sketchbot might leave a comment when we feature you on social media, or when you reach a huge amount of followers:
But there’s a problem: Sketchbot is still a standard emoji! YOU could give him a face by participating in our new challenge.
TL;DR: Design an avatar for Sketchbot with any tool or technique you prefer, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SketchbotChallenge.
- Use any tool you like to create a 3D avatar of Sketchbot.
- Sketchbot should match the Sketchfab ‘values’: he’s friendly, approachable, a little quirky, passionate and (of course) blue! #1caad9 blue to be precise 🙂
- Keep in mind that you’re designing an avatar. So while it’s fine to create a complete robot, please set up your final entry to focus on his face.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SketchbotChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 19th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- NomadKing, Mieke Roth and Kevin Cayuela Borg, Sketchfab Masters.
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team.
Your avatar will be the face of Sketchbot for the time being (we might do a redesign at some point).
The winner also receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- Your avatar will be the face of Sketchbot for the time being (we might do a redesign at some point).
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SketchbotChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 23.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.