Update: the winner of the Ice Cream Truck challenge is mauropfister – congratulations. Here’s his entry:
DING DONG! ICE CREAM! You must remember it from your youth – that wonderful sound on lazy summer afternoons that made your mouth water and your mother despair. Can you still remember what it looked like?
And because all is fair in love and ice cream trucks, we’re not focusing on a specific technique or application. Instead we’ll only define the topic and let you run with it.
TL;DR: create the coolest (huh) ice cream truck you can using your favourite tools, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #IceCreamTruckChallenge.
- This challenge covers both modeling and texturing: create an icecream truck using your favourite tools. Any technique goes! You can use sculpting, box modeling, voxels – you name it! We’ll be looking for the most visually interesting models.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #IceCreamTruckChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, December 11 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Lex’s, creator of the Super Ice Cream Truck
- Kevin Cayuela Borg, Sketchfab Master.
- Tom, Seori and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team.
The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account & a Staff Pick for the winning entry.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #IceCreamTruckChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, December 15.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.