Hi and welcome to this month’s low poly challenge! We wanted to take a more upbeat, optimistic approach to this low poly challenge and wanted to focus on futuristic utopian assets. Dream big and bright and think about the perfect future asset that would benefit all of human kind! Is it 100% solar energy? Is it widespread public transit? No more conflict? Flying cars? Teleportation? Whatever you dream, we’d love to see it– with one caveat. We’d love to see it done in either a pastel OR neon color scheme!
The Art Credit may or may not be your utopia but it does fit the neon theme we are looking for. And at the moment, there are no pastel low poly assets/small scenes that would be an effective example– will you be the first to upload the perfect pastel utopias?
TL;DR: low poly utopian future asset, under 2k triangles, in a neon OR pastel color scheme, upload it to Sketchfab, #utopialpchallenge tag to it (the lp stands for ‘low poly’).
- You can use any low poly creation tool that you like or want to learn! A lot of them are your “standard” 3D creation tools like Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, etc., but if you have any other tools that work for you, you’re welcome to use them.
- Utopian futures
- Pastel color theme or neon color theme
- Feel free to upload more than one scene
- Annotations encouraged, but NOT required
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #utopialpchallenge
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Tuesday, May 30th (23:59 EST)
For a utopian experience on the go:
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works of art. Using work that is not your own will immediately disqualify you.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #utopialpchallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 2nd
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.