Long legs or no legs? Three eyes or the more traditional two? Hot pink skin? Horns? Briefcase? The possibilities are endless and, unlike in actual reality, you’re not limited by the cost of plastic surgery or briefcases. This week we’re challenging you to create a VR Chat avatar.
We’ve been struck by the popularity of VR Chat avatars lately and thought it would be fun to plan a challenge around them. Your avatar can be something that you might use yourself, or something that you would want to see in a VR meeting space.
UPDATE: Winner – [10K!] Yowza! It’s Crowza! by naam
TL;DR: Use your favorite modeling tools to create a low poly (<10k quads) VR Chat avatar, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #VRChatChallenge.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model a low poly VR Chat avatar.
- Stay under 10K polygons
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your avatar, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #VRChatChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge topic in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Monday, November 5 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Mieke Roth, Renafox, Chaitanya Krishnan, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #VRChatChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, November 9.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.