Hello, all low poly artists! Valentine’s Day is coming up and while the barrage of pink and red tchotchkes may infiltrate store fronts around you, it’s also important to take a step back and realize the vast range of ways love and romance can be expressed as opposed to just one day on February the 14th.
While cupids and hearts are also encouraged, show us a low-poly scene of love in your life, whether it’s between you and your significant other, you and your pet(s), you and your family, you and your friends, you and your workstation, a Romantic composer/artist you want to pay homage to… the possibilities are endless!
Get romantic! Think about something you love and use this lovely art style to express it! Or, if this is your first time, maybe this can be your foray into low-poly art! All low-poly art styles and skill levels encouraged! All that’s required is that you get in your art before February 21st and you tag your art as #lowmance to enter.
The restrictions in terms of materials used and the subject matter always bring an outpour of creativity from the awesomely talented Sketchfab community, so we’d love to give something back to you! Here are the rules:
- You can use any low poly creation tool that you like or want to learn! A lot of them are your “standard” 3D creation tools like Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, etc., but if you have any other tools that work for you, you’re welcome to use them.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #lowmance
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Tuesday, February 21st (23:59 New York time – EST)
For the winner:
- $13 Max Brenner’s 9-Piece Chocolate Love Bon Bons
- $30~ Pyro Pet Candle
- A low poly game of your choice from itch.io (if you’d like one that has monetary value)
- $30 of 3 Months of Sketchfab PRO
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works of art. Using work that is not your own will immediately disqualify you.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #lowmance to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 24rd.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.