You probably see families everywhere all the time, but what about animals and their children? In this month’s low poly challenge, we want you to be inspired more by what you see on Animal Planet as opposed to the other TV channels. In this challenge, we have the honor of having Studio Ochi inspire us, judge, and even give away an asset!
TL;DR: Model an animal and its children in the simplistic, angular lowpoly of the Art Credit, under 5k faces, tag #AnimalFamilyChallenge.
WINNER, WINNER, FISH DINNER:
- You can use any low poly creation tool that you like or want to learn! A lot of them are your “standard” 3D creation tools like Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, etc., but if you have any other tools that work for you, you’re welcome to use them
- Animals and their brood
- Angular, geometric style, ideally
- Under 5k faces
- Annotations encouraged, but NOT required
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #AnimalFamilyChallenge
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, July 10 (23:59 EST)
- Sketchfab community: Eduardo from Studio Ochi
- Sketchfab Masters: Rik and Phil
- Sketchfab: Seori , Tom, and Bart Community
For a utopian experience on the go:
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works of art. Using work that is not your own will immediately disqualify you.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #AnimalFamilyChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, July 14th
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.