It’s warming up outside, the flowers are blooming, and our cozy winter chalet is now a vibrant summer cottage!
For this challenge you’ll be using the UV mapped model created by Sketchfab Masters CurlsCurly and dark-minaz for the winter Hand Painting Challenge. It’s ready to go – all you have to do is download it and and paint it up in any style you like (making sure you credit CurlsCurly, as per the Rules).
One significant difference for this challenge is that you may make changes to the model, but you must remain within the same poly budget: 514 faces.
TL;DR: Download the 3D model below, hand paint summer-y textures using your favourite painting app, upload the results to Sketchfab tagging it with #HandpaintedSummerScene and crediting CurlsCurly for the original model.
- You can use any painting application that you want for this.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #HandpaintedSummerScene.
- Hand painted textures only! This means creating the textures from scratch using Photoshop or any painting software instead of images.
- You may edit the original model geometry, but must remain within the same poly count: 514 faces.
- Credit CurlsCurly for her model in your model description, and include a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Cottage UV](https://sketchfab.com/models/a111af307d4a4d14ae5943cd6f080cdc)" by [Curlscurly](https://sketchfab.com/curlscurly), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create and ‘work in progress’ on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 4 (23:59 New York time – EST).
$100 Amazon Voucher
3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models or textures from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #HandpaintedSummerScene to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 8th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.