It’s warming up outside, the flowers are blooming, and our cozy winter chalet is now a vibrant summer cottage!
For this challenge you’ll be using the UV mapped model created by Sketchfab Masters CurlsCurly and dark-minaz for the winter Hand Painting Challenge. It’s ready to go – all you have to do is download it and and paint it up in any style you like (making sure you credit CurlsCurly, as per the Rules).
Update: Winner – Summer Hand Painting Challenge: Summer Cottage by madmos
One significant difference for this challenge is that you may make changes to the model, but you must remain within the same poly budget: 514 faces.
TL;DR: Download the 3D model below, hand paint summer-y textures using your favourite painting app, upload the results to Sketchfab tagging it with #HandpaintedSummerScene and crediting CurlsCurly for the original model.
- You can use any painting application that you want for this.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #HandpaintedSummerScene.
- Hand painted textures only! This means creating the textures from scratch using Photoshop or any painting software instead of images.
- You may edit the original model geometry, but must remain within the same poly count: 514 faces.
- Credit CurlsCurly for her model in your model description, and include a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Cottage UV](https://sketchfab.com/models/a111af307d4a4d14ae5943cd6f080cdc)" by [Curlscurly](https://sketchfab.com/curlscurly), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create and ‘work in progress’ on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 4 (23:59 New York time – EST).
$100 Amazon Voucher
3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models or textures from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #HandpaintedSummerScene to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 8th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.