It’s August again and some of the Sketchfab Team are at SIGGRAPH (go say hi to them at booth #410)! To celebrate the annual conference, we’re launching a freeform challenge that embraces the conference’s theme this year: generations. So grab your computer and use your imagination – what do you think of when you think of generations?
TL;DR: Use whatever 3D method you prefer to create a model that shows at least three generations of something. Upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #GenerationsChallenge.
Here’s some inspiration. Featured model POLAR BEAR FAMILY by Ubros:
- Use any tool you like to create a model that shows at least three generations of something.
- The model can be static or animated.
- Give the model a title and a brief (max 50 words) description.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #GenerationsChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, August 27th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Shaderbytes, Renafox, Chaitanya Krishnan, Rik Bigelaar, and Abby Crawford Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team
The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #GenerationsChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, August 31st.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.