‘Tis the season for love and snow. This week we’re teaming up with 3DFlow for a 3D scanning challenge – just create a 3D scan of something that you love about winter, process it using 3DF Zephyr (Free version here), upload it to Sketchfab, and then go have a mug of cocoa. You’ve earned it.
TL;DR: 3D Scan something you love about winter using 3DF Zephyr, upload it to Sketchfab and tag the model #ZephyrWinterChallenge.
- Scan something you love about winter and use 3DF Zephyr to process the model (get the free version of the software here – and tips on how to use it here).
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ZephyrWinterChallenge.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 18th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Andrea Alessi, 3DFlow
- Mieke Roth, Geoffrey Marchal, and Kevin Cayuela Borg and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team
- 1st Place: 6 month Zephyr Pro license, a 3DF Zephyr Lite license, 3 months of Sketchfab PRO
- 2nd Place: 3DF Zephyr Lite license
- 3rd Place: 3DF Zephyr Lite license
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ZephyrWinterChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 22.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.