What do you use to capture all those great 3D scans you’ve been publishing? For this challenge we’re putting the focus on our process and capturing a piece of equipment – tripods, turntables, cameras, laser scanners, etc. – that we use to bring our models to life.
But how will you capture a piece of your equipment when you need it to make the model? Therein lies the challenge! Time for some creative 3D capturing.
TL;DR: 3D scan a piece of 3D scanning equipment with your favorite scanning tool or software, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #ToolsOfTheTrade
- Scan a piece of equipment that you use to create 3D scans with your preferred scanning workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ToolsOfTheTrade.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 18th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- A chance of a Staff Pick for the winning entry
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ToolsOfTheTrade to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 22nd.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.