We’re officially in summer now, which means that it’s time to get out into the sunshine and capture something you love about summer. Is it your trusty beach chair, your camping gear, or perhaps your vegetable garden? Or maybe a piña colada? Whatever summer means to you, it’s time to get scanning.
TL;DR: 3D Scan something that says “summer” to you using your preferred tools and software, upload it to Sketchfab and tag the model #SummerScanChallenge.
- Scan something summery with your preferred scanning workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SummerScanChallenge.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, August 13th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- A chance of a Staff Pick for the winning entry
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SummerScanChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, August 17th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.