Hello and welcome to this month’s 3D scanning challenge! This time we want you to share something interesting from the street where you live – it could be a piece of guerilla art, an interesting fire hydrant or lamp-post, an unusual section of tarmac – anything goes!
The more weird and wonderful the better but sometimes things that seem mundane to a local can be interesting to someone on the other side of the world 🙂
TL;DR: scan something interesting/strange/funny in your street, upload it to Sketchfab and add the #mystreet3dscan tag to it.
- Make a 3D scan of something on the street.
- Use any 3D scanning software you like – PhotoScan, Reality Capture, ReMake etc.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #mystreet3dscan (and why not throw in #3dscan or #streetart for good measure too?)
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, April 10 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Tom, Sketchfab Cultural Heritage Lead
- Sketchfab Masters Abby Crawford and vibrantnebula
- Bart, Seori, Sketchfab Community Team
To help you scan those hard to reach places, we’re giving away a 1.6M/40’ monopod. And we’re happy to throw in a phone mount so you can turn it into a mega selfie stick! As always, the winner will receive 3 months of Sketchfab PRO too.
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works of art.
- Using work that is not your own will immediately disqualify you.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #mystreet3dscan to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, April 14th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.