Hi and welcome to this month’s 3D scan challenge! This month we wanted to try something slightly different – the theme is flowers and plants BUT we want you to upload point clouds instead of full meshes. The subject of your scan could be a bouquet for a loves one, a weed growing out of the sidewalk and shrub in full bloom or a leafy sapling – anything green, flowery and alive!
TL;DR: scan a plant or flower, upload it to Sketchfab as a point cloud and add the #plantpointschallenge tag to it
Update: the winner is… Fishhook Barrel Cactus by GSXNet
- Capture a point cloud of plants or flowers
- Use any method you like in terms of how to capture it
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #plantpointschallenge
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, May 15 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Abby and Nestor, Sketchfab Masters.
- Anthony from Discovery Programme
- Bart, Seori, Tom Sketchfab Community Team
If you win, you’ll get:
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #plantpointschallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, May 19.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.