High five! We use our prehensile, multi-fingered appendages everyday so let’s celebrate the awesome result of millions of years of evolution – this week’s 3D scanning challenge asks you to 3D scan a hand!
A potentially tricky scan in a number of ways: a live subject, lots of occluding elements… Maybe you’ll need to ask a friend to give you a … hand with this one (sorry). Once you’ve made your scan, feel free to retopologize, remix or animate it in some way too.
Update! The winner is… The Hand of a Mother by noe-3d.at
Here’s a collection of hands to show you what’s possible:
TL;DR: 3D scan a human hand with your favourite scanning tool or software, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #HandScanChallenge
- Scan a human hand with your preferred scanning workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #HandScanChallenge.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Wednesday, April 11 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- miekeroth, abbyec, NestorMarques, geoffreymarchal and mrrik Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- A chance of a Staff Pick for the winning entry
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #HandScanChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, April 13th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.