Automated, convenient, practical. We’ve probably all used a vending machine to buy something at some point – but what if there were machines for more than just drinks and snacks? That’s what we want to imagine in this month’s free-form 3D modelling challenge – the vending machine of your dreams!
Update: Winner – Top Secret Vending Machine by AndyBegg
What will it vend? Top hats? Treasure maps? Happiness? Will it vend 1,000,000 kinds of chocolate? Who knows! Only you!
Here are some models for inspiration:
TL;DR: create the most unusual or unique vending machine you can think of using your favourite 3D tools, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #VendingMachineChallenge.
- This challenge covers both modeling and texturing: create using your favourite tools. Any technique goes! You can use sculpting, box modeling, voxels – you name it! We’ll be looking for the most visually interesting models.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #VendingMachineChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, May 14 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- Three months of Sketchfab PRO
- The chance of a Staff Pick.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #VendingMachineChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, May 18.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.