Are you ready to paint some easter eggs? We had a lot of fun with our Egg Painter app last year (take a look at the the awesome entries), and we’ve partnered up with Shapeways for another round!
Participate to win your own egg: 15 winners will receive a 3D printed in full color by Shapeways!
(Image: Lolitics, Veyratom’s entries for last year Easter Egg Contest)
You don’t need to be an experienced 3D designer to enter this contest – just visit our Egg Painter, paint on the egg with your mouse and save the model to your Sketchfab account. Then, share it on your social networks to get as many views and likes as you can!
How the Egg Painter works
- Visit our Egg Painter app. Use your left mouse button to paint on the egg, and click and hold your right mouse button to look around your egg and reach other parts.
- While painting, you can select different brush sizes and colors with the Radius, Intensity and Color options.
- When your egg is ready, click the ‘Publish to Sketchfab’ button and log in to your Sketchfab account (you can create one at this point too). It will automatically be tagged with #Easter2015.
- Paint your Egg with the Egg Painter. No external tools are allowed.
- After saving, share it on Facebook and Twitter to get more views (more views and likes = better chance of winning a 3D print!).
- You can participate as often as you like.
- This contest starts on Wednesday, April 1st noon EST and ends on Wednesday, April 8th noon EST.
- We’ll announce the winners on Friday, April 10th.