We’ve been working with several partners to host a weekend Virtual Reality (VR) jam at our office in New York and globally online via Itch.io.
VRJAM16 is happening the weekend of April 15-17th 2016. Since this is the same weekend as Ludum Dare, we’re going to do the same theme, but only VR projects. That includes VR games, experiences, and films, so we’re keeping this pretty open. UploadVR will be on site in New york covering the event and interviewing groups about their projects.
After a week of voting for the best jam projects online, we’re hosting a showcase at the AWS Loft in New York on April 25th, 2016. They’re providing food and drinks which is awfully sweet of them. At the showcase we’ll be giving away the following prizes:
- HTC Vive Development Kits. HTC evangelist be present in NYC. They will review all projects (nyc/online) and award development kits to high quality projects they deem worthy.
- 1 Vuzix iWear HD/VR Headset
- 2 Samsung Gear VR Headsets compatible with Oculus
- 1 Nvidia Shield Portable and limited edition swag from Unreal Engine
- 1 Unity Pro License, $100 to spend in the Unity Asset Store, and Limited Edition swag from Unity
- 1 year subscriptions to Sketchfab Pro, Sketchfab T-Shirts, and get featured on Sketchfab.
- 1 year subscriptions to Houdini
- Top projects will be featured on UploadVR.
How do I participate?
- Participate online via Itch.io
- Participate locally in New York at Sketchfab HQ
- Join us to play the top projects at the Showcase
If you have any questions, tweet me at @RAWRsoft.