We started Sketchfab in 2012, and a lot of things have changed since then. For the past 6 years, we’ve been focusing on building the best product and technology.
As a result, and with the ecosystem maturing around us, we have reached a point where we are proud of the service we offer (and we are not done yet!):
- Sketchfab works everywhere (including directly within Facebook, Twitter, and more than 100 other integrations).
- Our online renderer is the best in the industry, with support for PBR, animations, subsurface scattering, positional audio and more.
- We support VR on almost every headset, and AR on both iOS and android.
- We offer a scalable solution, capable of supporting thousands of uploads and millions of views every day.
When we first introduced our paid plans, they were mostly geared toward individual creators and were also taking into account that the technology was young. As we’ve significantly improved our platform and grown our community, we’ve noticed that more and more companies, big and small, are using Sketchfab as part of their business. Even among our individual creators, about half of you use Sketchfab for work.
That’s why we felt the need to review our plans and pricing structure, to better reflect the value we bring to you. We remain committed to offering free use of Sketchfab to the entire 3D community. At the same time we want to ensure Sketchfab is a powerful solution for commercial projects too, and so we’re introducing new features that have been long requested and making some changes.
Here are the main ones:
- Private uploads: our hosting costs have increased a lot, with some accounts uploading a huge number of private files which don’t show up for others to explore. That’s why we’ve decided to cap monthly private uploads under our new plans. (This impacts less than 0.01% of our users.)
- Viewer API: our viewer API lets you build advanced applications like 3D configurators, mostly used for commercial purposes, resulting in increased engagement and conversion rates. That’s why we are now requiring a premium membership in order to be able to use the API for commercial applications.
- Outside link: many users looking to use Sketchfab for commercial purposes have requested an option to remove the link back to Sketchfab in our embeds in order to avoid any distraction for their clients. We now offer this feature as part of our new Business plan.
- White label viewer: the option to use our technology completely white-labeled – without any Sketchfab branding – has been one of our top requested features, and we now offer it as part of our Enterprise plan. In addition, we’re offering analytics and a dedicated account manager.
While updating pricing is never easy, we feel this is the right thing to do in order to best serve our community, build a sustainable business, and keep providing the best service for everyone for years to come.
If you are already a paying member, we would like to thank you for your trust in our service. You will receive an email confirming the status of your account, and inviting you to pick a new plan fitting your needs.