Finally! After all these years of working in his basement lab, professor Balthazar’s latest invention was ready to be unleashed! World domination was now within reach… Explore wacky inventions, insane scientists and their terrifying (or more likely, failed) results in our new challenge: Mad Science.
This time, we’re letting your imagination run wild: there are no boundaries in terms of tools, techniques or Sketchfab features to use. You just need to tell us a story about weird people and their inventions – maybe they are fearsome, or just doomed to fail.
MWAHAHAHAH! Ok, I’m off to my lab.
Here’s what you can win!
- $250 Amazon gift certificate or similar
- Sketchfab Hoodie
- 12 months of Sketchfab PRO
- 3 Sketchfab Cardboard VR Viewers
- $150 Amazon gift certificate or similar
- Sketchfab T-Shirt
- 6 months of Sketchfab PRO
- 2 Sketchfab Cardboard VR Viewers
- $100 Amazon gift certificate or similar
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO
- Sketchfab Cardboard VR Viewer
All entries will be judged by the entire Sketchfab team and our Community Judges, the winners of Heroic Voxels:
How to Enter
- Tell us a story about weird people and their inventions – maybe they are fearsome, or just plainly doomed to fail.
- Any theme goes: funny, Sci-Fi, fantasy… You name it!
- Start your own topic in the Mad Science Contest 2016 forum where you document your work in progress (WIP). Post regular updates (with images and Sketchfab embeds), and be sure to mark which entry is your final submission. Tag your work in progress uploads (not your forum thread 😉 with #mad-science-wip.
- Publish your final entry to your account, and tag it with #mad-science-2016.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but only submit new work that you created for this contest! Entries close Wednesday, June 22nd.
- Practice your maniacal laugh for good measure.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- The promoters decision is final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #mad-science-2016 to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by June 29th, 2016.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.