This week we’re turning our attention to Beer Steins! Inspired by the popularity of the custom mason jars we commissioned for the happy hour we hosted with Allegorithmic at last year’s Games Developer Conference (GDC), we want you to model your very own beer stein – the kind of thing a champion would drink from in a bar.
This year we’ve teamed up with HP who are providing HP Z 3D Cameras and Allegorithmic who are providing a full year of Substance Indie for TWO lucky winners! We’ll also showcase your work at this years GDC happy hour! If you’re attending the conference, you can RSVP here.
TL;DR: Design and model your own Beer Stein, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #GDCBeerbustChallenge.
Bonus: If you upload using Substance Painter, we’ll gift you a free month of Sketchfab pro. =)
UPDATE: Winners and Honorable Mentions!
Winner: Viking Beer Mug by Tanase Andrei
Winner: Steliskjalf, the Odin Beer Stein by Sheeloo
Honorable Mention: Drakes` Stein by Zoltan H
Honorable Mention: Pirate Grog Mug by glenfx
Honorable Mention: Beer Stein by Maria Raducanu
- Use your favourite software and workflow to model and texture an awesome beer stein.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #GDCBeerbustChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Friday, March 16th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- HP Z 3D Camera Product Team at HP
- Product team at Allegorithmic.
- Michael, Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team.
The TWO lucky winners will receive:
- 1 year of Substance Indie (includes access to the latest updates of all Substance software, plus 30 downloads a month from Substance Source).
- HP Z 3D Camera from HP.
- 3 Months of Sketchfab PRO.
- Special Mason Jar sent to you in the mail (US Only) or picked up at GDC.
- Your work showcased at GDC during the happy hour.
- A good chance to be staff picked 🙂
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #GDCBeerbustChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Thursday, March 22.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.