Dear Sketchfab friends,
We wish you all 2013 to be as awesome as 2012 was for us!
from left to right: Pierre-Antoine (CPO), Alban (COO), Cédric (CEO)
This past year has been great in many ways, here are a few milestones we would like to highlight:
- March 30th: official launch, announced on Blender Nation, driving servers down for a couple of hours.
- May 25th: Sketchfab is selected for the 3rd batch of Le camping, the best French startup accelerator, and wins the CJE awards for the digital category.
- June 11th: release of our Blender exporter, the first of many more, including 3dsMax, Maya, Cinema4D, SolidWorks, SketchUp, and soon Zbrush!
- August 8th: new design and PRO version release.
- September: demo day tour in Paris, London, Berlin. Sketchfab joins WebFWD, Mozilla’s accelerator program.
- October 18th: more than 100M polys uploaded to Sketchfab.
- October 31st: Sketchfab in the Glorious top 8 startups of the Pioneers Festival, among 850 applications.
- November 28th: Sketchfab reaches 10,000 users.
- December 9th: Sketchfab listed as top 29th website of the 3D industry by 3Ders.org
- December 10th: Sketchfab announces free unlimited uploads.
We want to thank all our users for being part of this amazing trip. Great features are coming with the beginning of the year, more on that soon!