We recently announced our support for 3D-Coat PBR in Sketchfab, and to celebrate how easy it is, we’re running a contest so you can try 3D-Coat for yourself too!
3D-Coat 4.5.04 is completely compatible with Sketchfab PBR system! Their latest version contains a Sketchfab exporter that publishes your project to Sketchfab, sets up all required PBR materials and then enables the PBR renderer. It’s as easy as one click
The theme is robot/mechanical animals. One of the coolest features of 3D-Coat is that metalness and roughness painted in 3D-Coat with smart materials will be correctly shown in Sketchfab so mechanical models look amazing. Combining that with animals gives you a wide scope for your imagination! Here’s one to get you inspired:
- Download the 3D-Coat trial you can try it out for 30 days and use it to enter
- Create a robotic animal model and texture it
- Upload to Sketchfab, tag with 3D-coat-2015
To help get you started, here’s some awesome tutorials on using 3D-Coat.
- 1st prize – 3x 3D-Coat license which you can give away to two friends! 12 months Sketchfab Pro (in addition to your free 90 days) and a Sketchfab hoodie
- 2nd prize – 2x 3D-Coat licenses, 6 months PRO and Sketchfab t-shirt
- 3rd prize – 1x 3D-Coat, 3 months Sketchfab PRO and a Sketchfab Cardboard
Entries close August 10th and winners will be announced on Tuesday August 18th. We can’t wait to see what you create! Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions
- No cash or other alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab or 3DCoat employees or their families.
- The promoters decision is final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #3D-Coat-2015 to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard terms and conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by August 18th, 2015.
- Promoter: Sketchfab, Suite 504, 900 Broadway, New York, NY, USA, 10013.